Tuesday, October 26, 2021

It's Getting Cold Out Here

The crisp air and gusty wind couldn't put a stop to some beautiful teamwork on the pitch this afternoon. You all played very well, individually and as a group. I especially liked the way you increased the intensity as the second half began. 

Will's goal -- and the team's enthusiastic response to it, on the field and on the bench -- will go down as a highlight of the season. Will positioned himself perfectly to finish Holmes's excellent save-and-cross. A beautiful shot to cap a well-played game.

Game balls:

Mattie: D-E-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N. You've got it in spades, and it's part of what makes you a leader of our team.

Sylas: You played your best game of the season, Sylas! You have learned so much about positioning yourself and moving to open space. You also passed the ball efficiently and out-hustled the Tandem attack on several plays. Fantastic effort.

Coach Connor's Kids: They brought the cuteness this afternoon, for sure. But I want to know if Coach is teaching them about defensive containment and open-field passing yet.