Great work today on the pitch. Some highlights:
-- We worked on what it looks like to be a supportive and positive teammate while on the bench. Coach Connors talked about the way that we want to cheer for our teammates while also being respectful of our opponents.
-- We also talked about the importance of humility. In Charlottesville, we are fortunate to have Coach Bennett as a fantastic role model for demonstrating that it's possible to be an exceptional athlete while still maintaining a humble approach to the game.
-- Awesome year-opening goals from Kai (2), Keegan (2), Matteo, Gavin, Kevin and Charlie!
And here are some things to work on:
-- Please talk to each other out there!! Lots! (examples: "I got it, I got it." "You've got time." "Man on." "Pass to the side.") The more we start to communicate, the more we become a team, rather than a collection of eleven individual players.
Game balls:
Charlie to Gavin: A gorgeous corner kick and a perfectly placed header, for the score.
Holmes: I love the way that you move to open space, constantly opening up possibilities for your teammates and keeping the defense on its heels.